The specifications for the implementation of net-metering are finally set and the Special Program of Photovoltaic Systems Installation from Auto-producers is established! 2EN undertakes to conduct the energy study and compose the folder required for the application.
The program of net-metering is not addressed to investors, who aim to make money through the energy produced by the sun as it happens until now. It concerns auto-producers of the domestic or business consumption that would like to reduce the electricity percentage to their expenses and improve their energy footprint.
From the net-metering, both the auto-producer who reduces or eliminates the cost of electrical energy and the environment benefit, as well as the pollutants produced by the electricity generation units are reduced.
Because the price, at which the kWh is counterbalanced, depends on the energy consumption profile of residence or business, it is not easy to predetermine a constant value for the system’s depreciation. However, if the electricity demand is in line with the production, then the net-metering price is increased, therefore the capital depreciation that has been spent for the system’s installation is received earlier.
Thus, the households in which large consumptions (kitchen, washing machine, iron, water heater, electric radiators, etc) are accomplished around midday will be more beneficiary from the households where the aforementioned devices operate during afternoon and evening hours in majority.
Similarly, business, whose the opening hours and the production procedure may be consistent with the maximum production period of PVs, will achieve better metering value and depreciate their investment earlier, maximizing respectively their profit.
According to the Law FEK B’ 3583 dated 31/12/2014 with title “INSTALLATION OF RES UNITS FROM AUTO-PRODUCERS WITH NET-METERING PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 14A OF LAW 3468/2006” the specifications for the implementation of net-metering are set and the Special Program of Photovoltaic Systems Installation from Auto-producers is established to meet their own energy needs.
The concept of net metering concerns fixed Photovoltaic systems (PV) and enables the consumers to cover all or part of their own consumptions, producing essentially by themselves the energy required.
In Net-Metering, the following are in force:
- The energy produced is transferred to the national grid.
- The net-metering is accomplished between the produced and the consumed energy and is performed on annual basis.
- It concerns individuals (traders or not) or Legal entities of public or private law, either owning the area where the photovoltaic system is installed or having the legal use of this land. In case of communal or commons areas, the installation of one or more systems is permitted.
- Each Photovoltaic System corresponds to a consumption meter.
- The Net-Metering agreement is contracted between the auto-producer and the supplier with duration of twenty five (25) years, having effect from the activation date of the Photovoltaic System connection.
- The program concerns fixed Photovoltaic Systems, which are installed in the same or adjacent area with the consumption facilities that supply.
- The PV systems can be located on buildings or on the ground or other structures, including those of the primary sector, according to the current planning legislation.
- The transition from the existing “Special Development Program of Photovoltaic Systems in buildings and especially chambers and roofs” is permitted in the provisions of the Net-Metering. In this case, a new net-metering agreement is contracted for the remaining period against the 25 years of the initial Net-Metering Agreement. The coexistence on the same meter of PV systems concerning the “Special Development Program of PV systems in buildings and especially chambers and roofs” and also systems that are installed in accordance with the provisions of the Net-Metering is not allowed.
- In case of the Interconnected Network, each PV system power amounts to 20kWp or up to 50% of the agreed power consumption if this value is greater than the aforementioned limit of 20kWp. Specifically for legal entities of public or private law, seeking charitable or other public interest aims of general or local scope, the maximum power of each photovoltaic system amounts up to 100% of the agreed power consumption. In any case, the power cannot exceed the maximum limit of 500kWp as stated in Par. 1 of Article 14A of Law 3468/2006.
- In case of Non-Interconnected Islands, each PV system power amounts to 10kWp and only 20kWp for Crete Island or up to 50% of the agreed power consumption if this value is greater than the aforementioned limit of 10kWp or 20kWp for Crete Island. Specifically, for legal entities of public or private law, seeking charitable or other public interest aims of general or local scope, the maximum power of each photovoltaic system may amount up to 100% of the agreed power consumption. In any case, the power cannot exceed the maximum limit of 20kWp or 50kWp for Crete Island.
- Concerning the prejudice of Paragraph 4 of Article 14A, Law 3468/2006, no obligation for any compensation of the auto-producer is incurred for the produced energy surplus.
- The auto-producers will pay ETMEAP only for the electricity absorbed from the Network or the System in total.
In the statement accomplished on DEDDHE site dated 27/03/2015, the commencement date of applications acceptance under the Net-Metering Program is defined as 08/05/2015 and initially DEDDHE will accept only the connection requests from consumers supplied from the low voltage network and for maximum power of 100kWp PV system in mainland, and in the interconnected islands (excluding the areas of Peloponnesus, Evoia Island southerly of Aliveri, Andros Island and Tinos Island where the max. power will be 20kWp), 50kWp in Crete Island and 20kWp to the rest non-interconnected islands.
The advantages of this new PV program are that significant reduction or even elimination of the electricity cost can be achieved on the invoice of the electricity provider. Due to the fact that the net-metering is accomplished annually and concerns only energy and is not accounting, future invoice increases will not adversely affect the investment, on the contrary improve the depreciation time.
Scope of Application:
- Industrial Buildings (roofs, terraces, canopies)
- Parking Photovoltaic Sheds (Department stores, crafts or enterprises)
- Warehouse premises or cold storage rooms (logistics)
- Houses for everyday use and available space for installation (roof, terrace, yard) – Not summer houses
- Rural Facilities (farms, pumping stations, etc)
- Enterprises that want to develop Green Policy – Environmental friendly (Green Profile)